23.19.407 ARBITRATION PANELS
(1) An arbitration panel shall consist of three volunteer members. The consumer shall choose one member, the manufacturer shall choose one member and both parties shall choose one member by mutual agreement, from a list maintained by the department of persons willing to serve on arbitration panels.
(2) Prior to an arbitration hearing, the arbitration panel shall designate one of its members to serve as chairperson for the duration of the case to which that arbitration panel has been assigned.
(3) A list of persons willing to serve on arbitration panels shall be maintained by the department and shall include the following information:
(a) the name of the person;
(b) the address and phone number of the person;
(c) the relevant background, training and education of the person; and
(d) any other information that the department may determine is necessary.
(4) The list of persons willing to serve on arbitration panels shall be made available to the consumer and the manufacturer upon request.
(5) Arbitration volunteers shall undergo arbitration training as established by the department. Training shall include procedural techniques, the duties and responsibilities of arbitrators and the principles, specific provisions and implementation of Title 61, chapter 4, part 5, MCA.
History: 61-4-532, MCA; IMP, 61-4-515, 61-4-517, MCA; NEW, 1998 MAR p. 746, Eff. 3/27/98; TRANS, from Commerce, 2001 MAR p. 1176; TRANS, from Administration, 2006 MAR p. 322, Eff. 2/10/06.