23.19.502 FORMS AND PROCEDURES FOR INITIAL REGISTRATION AND BONDING
(1) Prior to conducting telemarketing business in the state of Montana, the applicant must have a Montana certificate of registration.
(2) Application for an initial certificate of registration shall be made to the department on the forms prescribed by the department and accompanied by:
(a) a surety bond in the penal sum of $50,000; or
(b) certificate of deposit, cash or a government bond in the amount of $50,000.
(3) A surety bond application shall be submitted on a form prescribed by the department.
(4) The certificate of deposit and government bond shall name the department as owner.
(5) The applicant shall designate a registered agent with the Montana Secretary of State. An agent must be designated to accept service for all legal pleadings.
(6) The department shall either approve or disapprove the application based on the completeness and accuracy of items reported. If the department denies the application, the applicant will receive a written letter from the department stating the reasons(s) for the denial.
(7) At any time during the process, the department reserves the right to deny registration based on false information provided by the applicant.
(8) The applicant shall notify the department in writing of any changes to the information provided by the applicant made since the initial or renewal application within ten working days of the change.
(9) The application form and instructions for registration for telemarketers and/or sellers not exempt from registration and bonding under 30-14-1405 , MCA, may be obtained from the Consumer Protection Office, Department of Justice, Telemarketing Section, 2225 Eleventh Avenue, P.O. Box 200151, Helena, MT 59620-0151.
History: 30-14-1402, MCA; IMP, 30-14-1404, MCA; NEW, 2000 p. 1501, Eff. 6/16/00; TRANS, from Commerce, 2001 MAR p. 1176; TRANS, from Administration, 2006 MAR p. 322, Eff. 2/10/06.