17.20.1511 LINEAR FACILITIES, PIPELINE FACILITIES, CONSTRUCTION DESCRIPTION
(1) An application must contain a preliminary construction schedule, a description of typical construction equipment to be used, an estimate of total equipment needs and a description of sequential construction operations, such as right-of-way clearing, trenching, pipe installation and backfilling, including estimates of the duration and length in miles of each operation and a description of plans for and use of staging areas.
(2) An application must contain an estimate and discussion of the width of the level work pad needed for construction operations.
(3) An application must contain an estimate of the area of ground disturbance resulting from construction activities, including an estimate of mileage of flat terrain where no cut and fill excavation would be needed and estimates of mileage of terrain where cut and fill excavation to construct a level work pad would be required.
(4) An application must contain a description of the methods that will be used to salvage topsoil, including:
(a) the width of the construction right-of-way where topsoil will be salvaged;
(b) the depth to which topsoil would be salvaged;
(c) the locations where alternative methods of topsoil salvage would be implemented; and
(d) the methods to be employed to remove coarse rock from surface soils following construction.
(5) An application must contain a description of the types and sizes of roads needed to build and maintain the facility, an estimate of the road mileage and preliminary road locations required in addition to the right-of-way, if any, in order to construct the facility on the applicant's preferred route or proposed location for an associated pipeline, and an estimate of how much the roads will be used.
(6) An application must contain a description of the minimum and maximum construction right-of-way widths and the widths of permanent easements, a description of the criteria used to determine the widths, and a description of any land use restrictions that would be placed on the permanent easement.
(7) An application must contain a discussion of the proposed and alternative methods of stream crossings, including:
(a) specification of equipment types;
(b) estimates of the width and depth of trenching; and
(c) estimates of the scour depth supported by a discussion of the methods and calculations used to make the estimates; and
(d) amount of ground disturbance adjacent to stream crossings.
(8) An application must contain a discussion of the proposed and alternative methods of and conceptual designs for overhead stream crossings, if any.
(9) An application must contain a description of the camps planned for the construction crew, if any, and how they will be operated.
(10) An application must contain a description of the reclamation methods that will be used to restore the right-of-way on sidehills and over the ditch, and the measures that will be implemented to address subsidence of soils over the trench after construction is completed.
(11) An application must contain a description of methods the applicant will use for fire control.