17.24.1102 BONDING: DETERMINATION OF BOND AMOUNT
The standard applied by the department in determining the amount of performance bond is the estimated cost to the department if it had to perform the reclamation, restoration, and abatement work required of an operator or a prospecting permittee under the Act, the rules adopted thereunder, and the permit. This amount is based on, but not limited to:
(1) the estimated costs submitted by the permittee in accordance with ARM 17.24.313 and, if applicable, costs estimated by using current machinery production handbooks and publications or other documented costs acceptable to the department;
(2) the additional estimated costs to the department which may arise from applicable public contracting requirements or the need to bring personnel and equipment to the permit area after its abandonment by the permittee to perform reclamation, restoration, and abatement work;
(3) all additional estimated costs necessary, expedient, and incident to the satisfactory completion of the requirements identified in this rule;
(4) an additional amount based on factors of cost changes during the preceding 5 years for the types of activities associated with the reclamation to be performed; and
(5) such other cost information as may be required by or available to the department.