(1) These rules ARM 4.12.702 through 4.12.743 specifically are applicable to the design, construction, location, installation, and operation of anhydrous ammonia systems, including refrigerated ammonia storage systems from which the product is used for agricultural ammonia.
(2) These rules do not apply to:
(a) anhydrous ammonia manufacturing plants,
(b) air conditioning systems and refrigeration plants where anhydrous ammonia is used solely as a refrigerant. Such systems are covered in American National Standards Safety Code for Mechanical Refrigeration, B-9.1; and
(c) anhydrous ammonia transportation pipelines.
(3) ARM 4.12.704 through ARM 4.12.719 apply to stationary, non-refrigerated storage installations utilizing containers other than those constructed in accordance with regulations implementing Occupational Safety and Health Act (CFR 29(c) (3) (iii) ) .
(4) ARM 4.12.720 applies to systems mounted on implements of husbandry for the transportation of anhydrous ammonia.
(5) ARM 4.12.721 applies to systems mounted on farm vehicles for the application of anhydrous ammonia.
(6) ARM 4.12.722 applies to systems utilizing containers for the storage of anhydrous ammonia under refrigeration conditions.
(7) ARM 4.12.723 through 4.12.737 specifically apply to the design, location, construction, installation and operation of distribution systems utilizing nitrogen fertilizer solutions or aqua ammonia converters.
(a) ARM 4.12.735 applies to storage installations for nitrogen fertilizer solutions.
(b) ARM 4.12.734 applies to systems mounted on vehicles and implements of husbandry for the transportation of nitrogen fertilizer solutions.
(c) ARM 4.12.735 applies to systems mounted on vehicles and implements of husbandry for the transportation of nitrogen fertilizer solutions.
(d) ARM 4.12.736 applies to systems mounted on farm vehicles for the application of nitrogen fertilizer solutions.
(9) Unless otherwise stated within the rule all incorporations by reference of- standards, regulations, codes or other similar systemized provisions contained within shall be adopted within these rules in the most recent version or revision as of September 1, 1986.