The following definitions apply to this subchapter, unless context or the particular rule requires otherwise:
(1) "Classification" means a category of risk based on the nature of the work performed.
(2) "Classification decision" means the classification assigned by the insurer.
(3) "Classification determination" means the determination made by the committee of the appropriate classification.
(4) "Committee" means the classification review committee created under 33-16-1011, MCA.
(5) "Insurer" means an authorized insurer writing workers' compensation coverage in this state, including the state compensation insurance fund. For purposes of these rules, "insurer" does not include employers electing to be bound by compensation plan No. 1 of the Montana Workers' Compensation Act.