12.11.6555 SPECIAL RECREATION PERMIT STIPULATIONS
(1) The department shall establish stipulations that must be complied with in order to receive and/or retain a special recreation permit.
(2) The department shall require commercial users, except vendors, to obtain a professional liability insurance policy covering property damage and personal injury that the department judges sufficient to protect the public, the state of Montana, and the federal government.
(3) The department may require insurance for competitive events, vendors or organized group activities if the department determines that the proposed activity may cause appreciable environmental degradation or risk to human safety or health.
(4) The department shall require permittees to report their use of the Blackfoot River and lands adjacent to the Blackfoot River that are owned or managed by the department. The department shall include specific reporting requirements as permit stipulations.
(5) The department may require an applicant to submit a payment bond or other financial guarantee if the department determines that the proposed use, activity or event might cause appreciable environmental degradation or risk to human health and safety.