2.5.503 PUBLIC NOTICE
(1) Invitation for bids and request for proposals shall be mailed, posted electronically, or otherwise furnished to a sufficient number of bidders or offerors required to secure competition.
(2) In the interest of economy, notices of availability of invitations for bids and requests for proposals may be mailed, faxed, or e-mailed to a selection of vendors obtained from the purchasing vendors list and/or provided by the purchasing agency.
(3) Where appropriate, the state may require payment of a fee or a deposit for supplying the invitation for bids or request for proposals.
(4) In the event that it is either not practicable or not advantageous to the state to furnish solicitations to all the vendors listed on the central vendors list for a specific supply or service, the purchasing agency may elect to shorten the list by selecting a sample of bidders or offerors.
(5) Notice of public meetings conducted to evaluate requests for proposals must be posted to the division's web site no less than 72 hours in advance of the meeting.
History: 18-4-221, MCA; IMP, 18-4-303, 18-4-304, MCA; NEW, 1983 MAR p. 1918, Eff. 12/30/83; AMD, 1985 MAR p. 244, Eff. 3/15/85; AMD, 1987 MAR p. 1961, Eff. 10/30/87; AMD, 1990 MAR p. 1770, Eff. 9/14/90; AMD, 1997 MAR p. 1816, Eff. 10/7/97; AMD, 2000 MAR p. 65, Eff. 2/1/00; AMD, 2005 MAR p. 1906, Eff. 10/7/05; AMD, 2007 MAR p. 1657, Eff. 10/26/07.