44.3.109 VOTING ACCESSIBILITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
(1) An election administrator may establish one or more voting accessibility advisory committee(s) (V.A.A.C.).
(2) Each committee shall consist of a minimum of three members, two of which shall represent an organization of elderly persons or an organization of individuals with disabilities.
(3) The committee may assist in surveying polling places for compliance with accessibility guidelines.
(4) The election administrator shall provide the Secretary of State with a list of the members of each voting accessibility advisory committee, including addresses and telephone numbers.
(5) Each member of the committee may be compensated for the number of hours worked and reimbursed for actual travel expenses incurred while participating in the conduct of an on-site survey.
(6) The election administrator may pay each member the same compensation and certify amounts due in the same manner as for an election judge as provided by 13-4-106(1), MCA.
History: This rule is advisory only, but may be considered a correct interpretation of the law. 13-3-205, MCA; IMP, 13-3-205, MCA; NEW, 1986 MAR p. 462, Eff. 3/28/86; AMD, 2008 MAR p. 1329, Eff. 6/27/08.