2.43.1406 MAILING FOR NONPROFIT RETIREE ORGANIZATIONS
(1) MPERA may mail materials or contract to have materials mailed to retirees for eligible nonprofit retiree organizations.
(a) Contractors who mail materials for eligible nonprofit retiree organizations must agree to keep addresses confidential and to destroy all address sources immediately following completion of the mailing.
(b) The information may also be sent to system participants as a part of or in addition to regular newsletters.
(2) Eligible nonprofit retiree organizations must be tax exempt under section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code. They must also hold a nonprofit mailing permit from the U.S. Postal Service.
(3) MPERA will provide application forms. A nonprofit retiree organization must submit an application to MPERA at least one month before any mailing. An application packet must contain:
(a) an application form signed by an officer of the organization;
(b) a copy of the IRS letter exempting the organization under section 501(c)(4) of the tax code;
(c) a copy of the certificate of incorporation as a nonprofit entity in Montana;
(d) if requesting bulk mailing, a copy of the organization's current U.S. Postal Mailing Permit; and
(e) an exact copy of the materials to be mailed.
(4) Upon approval, MPERA will provide the nonprofit retiree organization the estimated cost of the mailing. For bulk mailing, MPERA will provide a proposed completion date.
(5) When the mailing is complete, MPERA will bill the nonprofit retiree organization for the cost of the mailing. For mail inserted with estimates, MPERA will send the organization a bill each month. All charges must be paid within 30 days of billing. Thereafter, MPERA will charge the greater of interest at 9% compounded monthly from the billing date or $10 per day.