24.29.2002 STANDARDS FOR DIAGNOSIS FOR SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR BEFORE JUNE 30, 2011
(1) In keeping with the accepted standards for diagnosis, use of the chiropractic term "subluxation" on reports to the division is valid only in objective findings or descriptions. "Subluxation" is not a diagnosis in itself. It can be used within a diagnosis to clarify the description of a condition.
(2) Initial diagnosis represents a conclusion reached as the result of the initial examination and prior to initiation of treatment.
(3) Therapeutic or working diagnosis represents the conclusions upon which the treating chiropractor bases his treatment and therapy.
(4) Final diagnosis represents the final conclusion of the attending chiropractor. It is based on a total assessment of all factors consistent with academic training, scientific knowledge and clinical experience.
(5) This rule applies to services provided on or before June 30, 2011.