37.40.1451 HOME AND COMMUNITY-BASED SERVICES FOR ELDERLY AND PHYSICALLY DISABLED PERSONS: RESPITE CARE, REQUIREMENTS
(1) Respite care is the provision of supportive care to a consumer so as to relieve those unpaid persons normally caring for the consumer from that responsibility.
(2) Respite care services may be provided only on a short term basis, such as part of a day, weekends, or vacation periods.
(3) Respite care services may be provided in a consumer's place of residence or through placement in another private residence or other related community setting, a hospital, a nursing facility or a therapeutic camp.
(4) A person providing respite care services must be:
(a) physically and mentally qualified to provide this service to the consumer; and
(b) aware of emergency assistance systems.
(5) A person who provides respite care services to a consumer may be required to have the following when the consumer's needs so warrant:
(a) knowledge of the physical and mental conditions of the consumer;
(b) knowledge of common medications and related conditions of the consumer; and
(c) capability to administer basic first aid.
History: 53-2-201, 53-6-101, 53-6-113, 53-6-402, MCA; IMP, 53-2-201, 53-6-101, 53-6-141, 53-6-402, MCA; NEW, 1983 MAR p. 863, Eff. 7/15/83; AMD, 1986 MAR p. 2094, Eff. 1/1/87; AMD, 1988 MAR p. 1268, Eff. 7/1/88; AMD, 1991 MAR p. 470, Eff. 12/14/90; TRANS & AMD, from SRS, 2000 MAR p. 2023, Eff. 7/28/00; AMD, 2011 MAR p. 1722, Eff. 8/26/11.