37.111.110 WATER SUPPLY SYSTEM GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
(1) An establishment must provide an adequate and potable supply of water.
(2) A public water supply system must be approved by the Montana Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) and meet the requirements of ARM Title 17, chapter 38, subchapters 1, 2, 3, and 5.
(3) A nonpublic water supply system must meet the requirements of Food and Consumer Safety (FCS) Circular 1-2012 when:
(a) the water supply is constructed after the effective date of this rule;
(b) modifications are made to the water system; or
(c) the local health authority determines compliance with FCS Circular 1-2012 is necessary to meet the requirements of this subchapter.
(4) A nonpotable water source may be used only if:
(a) access points are marked "not for human consumption";
(b) installation and maintenance prevent any connection to a potable water supply system; and
(c) the source is used in a manner that does not expose the public to any health risk.
(5) The department adopts and incorporates by reference FCS Circular 1-2012 in effect May 11, 2012, which contains potable water construction and maintenance standards for nonpublic water supplies serving licensed establishments. A copy of FCS Circular 1-2012 may be obtained from the Department of Public Health & Human Services, Food & Consumer Safety Section, P.O. Box 202951, Helena, Montana 59620-2951. The FCS Circular 1-2012 is also available on the department's web site at www.fcss.mt.gov.