37.111.116 WASTEWATER SYSTEM
(1) An adequate and safe wastewater system must be provided for conveying, treating, and disposing of all sewage from an establishment.
(2) Immediate measures must be taken to alleviate health and sanitation hazards caused by wastewater at the establishment when they occur.
(3) All wastewater must be disposed of by a public wastewater system approved by the Montana Department of Environmental Quality or by a private wastewater system constructed and operated in accordance to applicable state and local regulations.
(4) A wastewater system has failed and requires replacement or repair if any of the following conditions occur:
(a) the system fails to accept, treat, or dispose of wastewater as designed;
(b) the system displays surfacing effluent;
(c) effluent from the wastewater system contaminates a potable water supply or state waters; or
(d) the wastewater system experiences mechanical failure, including electrical outage, or collapse or breakage of a septic tank, lead line, or drainfield line.
(5) Extension, alteration, replacement, or repair of any wastewater system must be done in accordance with all applicable state and local regulation.