37.34.1933 MEDICAID AND COMMUNITY SERVICES CHILDREN'S AUTISM PROGRAM 0667: RESPITE, REQUIREMENTS
(1) Persons providing respite services will be in compliance with all state and federal respite standards.
(2) Respite services are delivered in conformity with the plan of care.
(3) Respite is considered an ancillary service. The sum of all ancillary service costs may not exceed $4,000 annually.
(4) Respite provider is subject to approval by the family, and must possess any competencies outlined by the family in the plan of care which are related to the specific needs of the child.
(5) A person providing the respite service must be 16 years of age or older.
(6) Respite services are selected in collaboration with the child's parent or legal representative and are provided by persons chosen and trained by the family.
(7) The amount and frequency of respite care is included in each child's plan of care.