42.17.604 REGISTRATION FOR WITHHOLDING
(1) Every entity that extracts natural resources within the boundaries of Montana must register and file an application for a state identification number on the form provided by the department.
(2) Any owner or operator who has acquired the business of another entity shall not use the predecessor's state identification number. The owner or operator must register before the due date of the first report. This applies to both new businesses and businesses which have been purchased.
(3) Each registration application must contain the applicable tax identification number assigned by the IRS.
(4) No registration is considered complete unless the federal identification number appears on the form.
(5) Not being registered does not relieve a remitter from the collection and reporting requirements.
History: 15-30-2547, MCA; IMP, 15-30-2538, 15-30-2541, MCA; NEW, 2007 MAR p. 2151, Eff. 12/21/07; AMD, 2010 MAR p. 177, Eff. 1/15/10; AMD, 2012 MAR p. 2640, Eff. 12/21/12.