23.3.129 COLLECTION AND VERIFICATION OF SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER ON DRIVER'S LICENSE APPLICATIONS; PROCESSING OF AN APPLICANT WHO DOES NOT HAVE A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER
(1) An applicant who has been issued a social security number will be required to provide it to the department upon application for an original driver's license, upon renewal of a driver's license, or upon application for an identification card if the applicant has not supplied, and the department has not verified, the number in a prior application process.
(2) The social security number supplied by the applicant will be electronically submitted by the department to the Social Security Administration for verification. If the social security number supplied by the applicant to the department is not verified by the Social Security Administration, the applicant must contact the Social Security Administration and correct the problem prior to completion of the application process.
(3) If an applicant has not been issued a social security number, the applicant must sign a statement, under penalty of law, attesting that the applicant does not have a social security number before the application process may be completed.
(4) The application process will be terminated and a license or identification card will be denied for incomplete information if an applicant:
(a) refuses to provide a social security number and sign a statement that the applicant has not been issued a social security number; or
(b) provides a social security number that cannot be verified.
(5) An applicant's social security number may not be used as the applicant's driver's license or identification card number or be included as part of the applicant's driver's license or identification card number.
(6) This rule takes effect October 1, 2000.