23.16.1913 USE OF TEMPORARY REPLACEMENT OR LOANER MACHINES - PERMIT REQUIRED - REPORTING
(1) The use of a temporary replacement or loaner machine is authorized only where it is being used to replace a permitted machine that has been removed from service for repair.
(2) Any operator placing a temporary replacement machine in service must notify the department on a form prescribed by the department. An application to place a temporary replacement machine in service is incorporated by reference as Form 7 and is available from the Gambling Control Division, 2550 Prospect Ave., P.O. Box 201424, Helena, MT 59620-1424, or on the department's web site www.dojmt.gov/gaming.
(3) The temporary replacement machine must have an identification number issued by the department. The identification number must be issued in advance of the machine being placed into service, and must be issued to a holder of an operator license. The identification number must be affixed to the machine.
(4) The operator is responsible for filing all quarterly tax reports for the temporary replacement machine.
(5) In no case may the number of machines authorized by the number of permits issued the operator be exceeded by the use of temporary replacement machines. A temporary replacement machine may not be used for more than 90 days in a single location.
(6) A machine replaced by a temporary replacement machine must be removed from public access.
History: 23-5-115, 23-5-621, MCA; IMP, 23-5-115, 23-5-603, 23-5-611, 23-5-612, MCA; EMERG, NEW, 1990 MAR p. 828, Eff. 4/27/90; AMD, 1997 MAR p. 404, Eff. 2/25/97; AMD, 1998 MAR p. 1176, Eff. 5/1/98; AMD, 2013 MAR p. 1606, Eff. 9/6/13.