37.34.979 0208 MEDICAID HOME AND COMMUNITY-BASED SERVICES PROGRAM: SPEECH THERAPY
(1) Speech therapy is as defined in 37-15-102, MCA.
(2) Providers of speech therapy services must be licensed in accordance with the rules and regulations governing the profession.
(3) Speech therapy must be provided through direct contact with the therapist and the person or to train persons working directly with the person receiving the service.
(4) A speech therapist may provide:
(a) screening and evaluation with respect to speech and hearing functions;
(b) comprehensive speech and language evaluations when the screening indicates it is necessary;
(c) continuing interdisciplinary evaluation for the purpose of beginning, monitoring, and following up in regards to habilitation programs; and
(d) treatment services designed to develop specialized programs for communication.
(5) Speech therapy may be provided when required speech therapy services exceed the Montana state plan or are different from the services available in the Montana state plan.