32.18.205 SHEEP PERMIT
(1) Removal of sheep or lambs from any Montana county or from the state requires a permit issued by a Department of Livestock state or deputy state stock inspector prior to movement.
(a) The permit must be issued on an approved department form.
(b) The owner or their agent must sign the permit and certify as to:
(i) approximate number and description; and
(ii) brands or marks, breed, and color.
(2) When used for a sheep permit, the form shall show destination within or out of the state of Montana.
(3) For those sheep leaving an auction market, the owner's account of sale purchase sheet shall constitute a sheep permit.
(4) For show purposes only within the state of Montana, an annual sheep permit is required.
(5) For grazing purposes only, a sheep permit may be issued allowing the movement of sheep from one county to an adjoining county under the following terms:
(a) only one permit is allowed in a 12-month period;
(b) permit is only valid for a period of eight months from date of issuance;
(c) permit must be issued by a state stock inspector; and
(d) permit may be used in lieu of the permit for removal required under this rule for movement across a county line.
(6) A state stock inspector may enter any premises to which sheep have been transported and inspect:
(a) any sheep moved under any sheep permit; and
(b) any sheep with which the transported sheep have commingled.