37.91.201 APPLICATION PROCESS
(1) Application for professional person certification will be made on forms provided by the department.
(2) An applicant for full mental health certification must submit documentation of academic training, documentation of current Montana licensure as a clinical mental health professional, letters of reference testifying to clinical competence, and an endorsement by a professional person with full mental health certification indicating that the applicant fully understands the responsibilities of a professional person. In addition, an applicant for full mental health certification must successfully complete a written examination covering knowledge of Title 53, chapter 21, MCA and the mental health services in the state to include the role of, and treatment services provided at, the Montana state hospital.
(3) An applicant for facility mental health certification must submit documentation of academic training, documentation of successful completion of the employing facility's approved training program, and an endorsement from the professional person with full mental health certification who directly supervised the applicant's clinical competency evaluation.
(4) The certification committee will meet as necessary, but no fewer than 4 times per year, to review applications. Applicants will be notified in writing of the decision of the committee. The certification committee may grant certification, deny certification, grant certification conditioned upon a passing score on the written examination for full mental health certification, or request additional information from the applicant.
(5) Any denial of certification may be appealed pursuant to ARM 37.91.601.
History: 53-21-106, MCA; IMP, 53- 21-106, MCA; NEW, 1986 MAR p. 260, Eff. 2/28/86; AMD, 1992 MAR p. 1485, Eff. 7/17/92; TRANS, from DOC, 1998 MAR p. 2039; AMD, 2014 MAR p. 503, Eff. 3/14/14.