23.16.1225 HOUSE PLAYERS
(1) The operator, card room contractor, or dealer must identify house players upon request.
(2) The operator or card room contractor who is conducting a live card game may use house players only for the purpose of starting and/or maintaining sufficient number of players in the card game.
(3) The operator or card room contractor may:
(a) provide chips owned by the house to a house player for use in a live card game conducted by the operator or card room contractor;
(b) require the house player to return to the operator or card room contractor all house chips that remain with the house player when the house player exits the game;
(c) make the house player an employee who is paid a wage; and
(d) allow a house player to keep all of the winnings or a portion of the winnings derived from the use of house chips in a game conducted by the operator or card room contractor.
(4) The operator or card room contractor may not ask or require the house player to return any house chips, or the value of any house chips, that the house player lost in a game.
(5) No house players may be used by the operator or card room contractor in a card game tournament.
History: 23-5-115, 23-5-325, MCA; IMP, 23-5-311, 23-5-324, 23-5-325, MCA; EMERG, NEW, 1990 MAR p. 286, Eff. 2/9/90; AMD, 1991 MAR p. 1942, Eff. 10/18/91; AMD, 2013 MAR p. 1606, Eff. 9/6/13; AMD, 2014 MAR p. 1505, Eff. 7/11/14.