(1) Exceptions to providing a high school diploma or equivalency recognized by the State Superintendent of Public Instruction at the Office of Public Instruction (OPI) pursuant to 37-31-304, MCA, may be made upon the following documentation:

(a) high school transcripts with graduation date;

(b) college, university, or vocational-technical school diploma or transcripts with graduation date;

(c) diploma from an Associates, Bachelors, or higher degree;

(d) diploma or transcripts from a home school program;

(e) proof of service in the armed forces, such as a copy of DD214, indicating high school equivalency;

(f) original verification/letter from high school or alterative school sent directly from the school to the board office indicating completion through grade 12; or

(g) by submitting a request in writing and any experience or documentation to support the applicant that meets the intent of the requirement such as, but not limited to:

(i) adult education courses completed;

(ii) college or university courses completed;

(iii) work experience; and

(iv) previous licensure in this or other jurisdictions.

History: 37-1-131, 37-31-203, 37-31-304, MCA; IMP, 37-1-131, 37-31-203, 37-31-304, MCA; NEW, 2015 MAR p. 1198, Eff. 8/14/15.