32.3.220 SEMEN SHIPPED INTO MONTANA
(1) Sires shall not be used for natural service while semen is being collected and certified for artificial insemination.
(2) Bovine semen transported into Montana for the purpose of artificial insemination must originate from bulls that at the time of collection:
(a) meet all of Montana's import requirements; or
(b) are permanent residents of an approved certified semen services (CSS) facility, having completed all CSS required testing.
(3) Bovine semen destined for use in artificial insemination in Montana must be treated using procedures and chemotherapeutic agents recognized as acceptable by the United States Animal Health Association and the National Association of Animal Breeders.
(4) Porcine semen from all boars used for the production of semen for artificial insemination must meet the following requirements:
(a) a negative Tuberculosis test yearly;
(b) test negative to Brucellosis, Leptospirosis (low stabilized titre O.K.), and PRRS every six months;
(c) test negative to Pseudorabies every three months;
(d) an approved antibiotic must be added to the semen.
(5) Elk semen from all elk, used for the production of semen in artificial insemination, must test negative to:
(a) Tuberculosis annually using an approved elk Tuberculosis test;
(b) Brucellosis, and Leptospirosis (low stabilized titre O.K.) every six months; and
(c) must be certified free of red deer genes.
(6) Ovine semen from all ovine, used for the production of semen in artificial insemination, must test negative to Brucella ovis every six months.
History: 81-2-102, MCA; IMP, 81-2-102, 81-2-403, 81-2-703, 81-2-704, 81-2-706, MCA; Eff. 12/31/72; AMD, 1978 MAR p. 579, Eff. 4/25/78; AMD, 1988 MAR p. 389, Eff. 2/26/88; AMD, 1996 MAR p. 2300, Eff. 8/23/96; AMD, 2011 MAR p. 147, Eff. 2/11/11; AMD, 2014 MAR p. 1096, Eff. 5/23/14; AMD, 2016 MAR p. 223, Eff. 2/6/16.