2.59.308 EXAMINATION FEES
(1) The examination fee charged by the department to the examinee must be in an amount sufficient to recover all of the department's actual costs for its supervision program related to the subject examination.
(2) The term "actual costs" means the "hourly cost of employee" for each examiner performing the examination plus actual travel expenses incurred in conjunction with the examination.
(3) The term "hourly cost of employee" means the cost incurred by the department for each hour that an employee is performing the examination; the cost includes the employee's wages and benefits.
(4) The term "performance of an examination" or "performing an examination" means pre-examination preparation, travel time, examination, examination report writing, review of a licensee's response to the examination report, and, if appropriate, amending the report based on the licensee's response.
(5) The term "travel expenses" means the "hourly cost of employee" for each examiner's travel time; motor pool and fuel charges; airfare, cab, or other public transportation fare; lodging; per diem; and, if approved by the department in advance, charge for rental vehicle for use at the examination site. The term also includes mileage paid to an examiner under 2-18-503, MCA, for use of personal vehicle for examination travel if use of the personal vehicle was approved by the department in advance.