12.8.808 CONTROL OF ANIMALS
(1) Domestic animals are prohibited from running at large in state parks. Except where otherwise provided, domestic animals must be physically restrained or on a leash no greater than eight feet in length at all times. In state parks where hunting is allowed, dogs may be used for hunting in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and any conditions which may be established by the park manager.
(2) Domestic animals are prohibited from digging or otherwise disturbing or damaging the natural or cultural features of state parks.
(3) Domestic animals are prohibited in all areas posted to exclude them, as well as park buildings, swimming beaches, and designated ski trails during ski season, unless otherwise provided. This prohibition does not apply to service animals.
(4) Domestic animals are prohibited from biting, chasing, harassing, or creating a nuisance, annoyance, or danger to visitors, park wildlife, and other animals. In addition to any other penalty provided in this part, individuals in possession of such animals may be expelled from the state park.
(5) Individuals bringing domestic animals in state parks shall be responsible for proper removal and disposal of any waste produced by the animal.
(6) Ranging, grazing, watering, or allowing livestock in state parks is prohibited except where specifically permitted or when authorized by a lease, license, or other written agreement with the department.
(7) Unauthorized animals including livestock may be impounded and will not be returned to the owner until the costs of capture and holding the animal are reimbursed to the department. Appeal from an impoundment may be heard pursuant to ARM 12.8.824.