8.22.3009 DEAD HEATS
(1) When two or more horses run a dead heat, the dead heat shall not be run off.
(2) The owners of the horses in a dead heat shall divide equally the purse money involved.
(3) If a dead heat is for first place, each horse shall be considered as winner of the amount received.
(4) When a dead heat is run for second place and an objection is made to the winner of the race and sustained, the horses which run the dead heat shall be deemed to have run a dead heat for first place.
(5) Owners shall divide equally all monies and other prizes and if no agreement can be reached as to which of them should receive a cup, place or other individual prize, they shall draw lots for it in the presence of one or more of the stewards.
History: 23-4-202, MCA; IMP, 23-4-104, MCA; Eff. 12/31/72; AMD, Eff. 5/5/74; EMERG, AMD, Eff. 7/3/74; AMD, Eff. 10/5/74; AMD, Eff. 4/4/75; AMD, Eff. 5/6/76; AMD, Eff. 4/4/77; AMD, Eff. 8/4/77; EMERG, AMD, 1978 MAR p. 995, Eff. 7/15/78; AMD, 1979 MAR p. 39, Eff. 1/21/79; TRANS, from Dept. of Prof. & Occup. Lic., Ch. 274, L. 1981, Eff. 7/1/81; TRANS & AMD, from Dept. of Commerce, 2002 MAR p. 1500, Eff. 5/17/02; TRANS, from 32.28.809, 2015 MAR p. 2252, Eff. 12/25/15.