8.22.3418 TWIN QUIN FEATURE
(1) An association licensed by the Montana board of horse racing to conduct horse racing meetings, may conduct a twin quin, subject to the following rules.
(2) The twin quin is a form of parimutuel wagering. It consists of selecting the quiniela (the first two runners to finish) of each of two consecutive races. Twin quin wagering tickets are to be sold on the first race of the two races only. The division of the pool shall be calculated as a straight pool, subject to the provisions of these rules to the contrary.
(3) Twin quin tickets will be sold only at twin quin windows by the licensee.
(4) Twin quin tickets will be sold only from quiniela issuing machines.
(5) Each wagerer purchasing twin quin tickets shall designate his two selections as the first two runners to finish in the first race of the two consecutive twin quin races.
(6) After the official result of the first two runners to finish in the first half of the twin quin races, each wagerer holding a ticket combining the said two runners to finish, shall, prior to the running of the second half race, exchange such winning ticket at the twin quin windows, for a twin quin exchange ticket and at such time the holder shall attempt to select the first two runners to finish in the second race of the twin quin. No further money will be required of the holder of the twin quin ticket in order to make the exchange.
(7) No twin quin exchange ticket on the second race of the twin quin will be issued except on the surrender of the twin quin ticket from the first race of the twin quin described in these rules. The twin quin pool obtained from sales of twin quin tickets on the first race of the twin quin will be held subject to these rules, and divided among the winning tickets of the twin quin exchange tickets, subject to these rules to the contrary. Twin quin windows will be open for the purpose of making exchange as described only after the first race has been declared official, and such windows will close at official post time at the start of the second race of the twin quin races.
(8) There will be no refund if the holder of a winning twin quin ticket from the first half of the twin quin fails to exchange the winning twin quin ticket within the time provided for said exchange. The racing association must provide reasonable time for the exchanging of winning twin quin tickets.
(9) The price of any twin quin tickets entitled to a refund will be deducted from the twin quin pool.
(10) If a runner is scratched in the first race of the twin quin races, all twin quin tickets on the scratched runner will be refunded.
(11) If no twin quin ticket is sold as a winning combination in the first half of the twin quin, the twin quin pool will be divided among those having tickets including the runner finishing first and the runner finishing second, and such distribution will be calculated as a place pool. In such an instance, the twin quin wagering will end and the pool closed for that racing card.
(12) If no twin quin exchange ticket is sold on the winning combination, the net pool will then be divided equally between those having tickets including the runner finishing second, in the same manner in which a place pool is calculated and distributed.
(13) If a twin quin exchange ticket on the second half combines only one of the two winners, and no twin quin exchange ticket combines the other winner, the entire pool will be distributed as a straight pool to the holders of those tickets.
(14) In the event of a dead heat for place in the first race of the twin quin races, all twin quin tickets combining the first runner and either of the place runners will be eligible for exchange for twin quin exchange tickets.
(15) In the event of a dead heat for place in the second race of the twin quin races, the twin quin pool will be divided, calculated and distributed as a place pool to the holders of the twin quin exchange tickets combining the first runner and either of the place runners.
(16) If, for any reason, the first race of the twin quin races is cancelled or declared "no race", full and complete refund will be made from the twin quin pool.
(17) If, for any reason, the second race of the twin quin races is cancelled or declared "no race", the pool will be calculated as a straight pool and will be distributed among the holders of tickets combining the first two runners of the first race of the twin quin, otherwise eligible for twin quin exchange tickets (and also to holders of the exchanged twin quin tickets if any have been issued) .
(18) If there is a dead heat for the winning runner in either of the two consecutive races for the twin quin, such calculation of distribution of the twin quin pool will be made in the manner in which any ordinary quiniela pool would be made should there be a dead heat for the win, despite the number of runners involved in the dead heat.
(19) The twin quin is an entirely separate pool from all other wagering pools and has no relationship to any other forms of wagering.
(20) If a horse is scratched in the second race of the twin quin, the holders of tickets on the scratched horse shall be entitled to exchange their tickets for another selection.
(21) If a horse is scratched too late to make an exchange, the total number of exchanges shall be divided into the net pool to get a unit price for each winning exchange ticket and this unit price shall be multiplied by the number of tickets on the scratched horse of the second half of the twin quin. This total shall be deducted from the net pool and be used to pay the winner of the second half combined with the scratched horse. The balance of the net pool shall be paid to the holders of the tickets on the horses that finish first and second.
History: 23-4-202, MCA; IMP, 23-4-301, 23-4-302, 23-4-303, MCA; Eff. 12/31/72; AMD, Eff. 5/4/74; AMD, Eff. 5/5/77; AMD, 1979 MAR p. 39, Eff. 1/26/79; AMD, 1981 MAR p. 423, Eff. 5/1/81; TRANS, from Dept. of Prof. & Occup. Lic., Ch. 274, L. 1981, Eff. 7/1/81; TRANS, from Dept. of Commerce, 2002 MAR p. 1500; TRANS, from 32.28.1618, 2015 MAR p. 2252, Eff. 12/25/15.