(1) Should a race on which betting has commenced be postponed beyond the day originally scheduled or cancelled, all monies wagered on such race shall be refunded.
(2) Should a horse be excused from starting a race, all monies wagered on such horse shall be refunded, provided such horse is not part of an entry or one of the mutuel field.
(3) Should the doors at the front of any stall in the starting gate fail to open when the starter dispatches the field, thereby preventing a horse from having a fair start, the starter shall immediately notify the steward who shall declare such a horse a "nonstarter" and the officer in charge of supervision of betting who shall thereupon order the money wagered on such a horse deducted from the pool and refunded to the purchasers of the tickets on that horse, provided such horse is not part of an entry or of the mutuel field.
(4) If, for any reason, a horse or horses shall be excused from starting after the wagering has commenced, the following shall apply:
(a) If the starting field is reduced to less than two separate interests, a full and complete refund shall be made in the win, place and show pools.
(b) If the starting field is reduced to less than three separate interests, a full and complete refund shall be made in the place and show pools.
(c) If the starting field is reduced to less than four separate interests, a full and complete refund shall be made in the show pool.
(5) For the purpose of this rule, a horse locked in the starting gate will be considered as excused from starting.
(6) Should there be no winning tickets sold in any pool, on the horse or horses finishing in the race and the pool cannot be distributed in accordance with the parimutuel regulations of the board of horse racing, a full and complete refund of that particular pool shall be made.
History: 23-4-202, MCA; IMP, 23-4-301, 23-4-302, 23-4-303, MCA; Eff. 12/31/72; AMD, Eff. 5/4/74; AMD, Eff. 5/5/77; AMD, 1979 MAR p. 39, Eff. 1/26/79; TRANS, from Dept. of Prof. & Occup. Lic., Ch. 274, L. 1981, Eff. 7/1/81; TRANS, from Dept. of Commerce, 2002 MAR p. 1500; TRANS, from 32.28.1620, 2015 MAR p. 2252, Eff. 12/25/15.