10.57.413 CLASS 3 ADMINISTRATIVE LICENSE
(1) A Class 3 administrative license shall be valid for a period of five years.
(2) Appropriate administrative areas which may be approved for license endorsement are: elementary principal, secondary principal, K-12 principal, K-12 superintendent, and supervisor.
(3) To obtain a Class 3 administrative license, except pursuant to ARM 10.57.419, an applicant must be eligible for an appropriately endorsed Class 1, 2, or 5 license to teach in the school(s) in which the applicant would be an administrator or would supervise, and qualify as set forth in ARM 10.57.414 through 10.57.418.
(4) An applicant for a Class 3 administrative license who completed an educator preparation program which does not meet the definition in ARM 10.57.102(2), who is currently licensed in another state at the same level of licensure, may be considered for licensure with verification of five years of successful administrative experience as defined in ARM 10.57.102 as documented by a recommendation from a state accredited P-12 school employer on a form prescribed by the Superintendent of Public Instruction and approved by the Board of Public Education. The requirements of ARM 10.57.414(1)(c)(i-iii) must be met by an applicant seeking a superintendent endorsement.
(5) An applicant for a Class 3 administrative license must submit verified completion of the online course ʺAn Introduction to Indian Education for All in Montana.ʺ
(6) A Class 3 administrative license shall be renewable pursuant to the requirements of ARM 10.57.215.
(7) A lapsed Class 3 administrative license may be reinstated by showing verification of 60 renewal units earned during the five-year period preceding the date of application for the new license.
History: Mont. Const. Art. X, sec. 9, 20-4-102, MCA; IMP, Mont. Const. Art. X, sec. 9, 20-4-106, 20-4-108, MCA; NEW, 2002 MAR p. 3309, Eff. 11/28/02; AMD, 2003 MAR p. 978, Eff. 5/9/03; AMD, 2009 MAR p. 345, Eff. 3/27/09; AMD, 2009 MAR p. 2244, Eff. 11/26/09; AMD, 2014 MAR p. 2930, Eff. 7/1/15; AMD, 2015 MAR p. 1051, Eff. 7/31/15; AMD, 2016 MAR p. 2330, Eff. 1/1/17.