24.182.505 WRITTEN EXAMINATIONS
(1) If a written examination is required for licensure, applicants must achieve a minimum score of 70 percent on each part of the exam to pass.
(2) Examinations may be administered at the board office or an off-site location approved by the board or its designee.
(3) In addition to the board's examination fee, a proctoring fee may apply and is set by and payable directly to the examination administrator or vendor.
(4) The examination may consist of questions on Montana criminal and civil procedures and Montana laws and rules applicable to the area(s) of licensure sought.
(5) Applicants must deposit with the proctor all electronic devices, books, notebooks and other papers prior to taking the examination. No applicant may remove any papers from the examination room.
(6) Process server examinations have a two-hour time limit and examinees may utilize the board-developed process server handbook.
(7) Private investigator and resident manager examinations have no time limit.
(8) Examination applicants must present photo identification and the notice of examination to be admitted to the examination.
(9) An applicant may retake any failed section of the examination upon payment of another examination fee.
(10) Applicants shall schedule examinations by appointment with the examination administrator.
History: 37-1-131, 37-60-202, MCA; IMP, 25-1-1104, 37-1-131, 37-60-303, MCA; NEW, 1984 MAR p. 589, Eff. 4/13/84; AMD, 1990 MAR p. 1772, Eff. 9/14/90; TRANS, from Commerce, & AMD, 2005 MAR p. 1926, Eff. 10/7/05; AMD, 2006 MAR p. 2918, Eff. 11/23/06; AMD, 2010 MAR p. 1194, Eff. 5/14/10; AMD, 2017 MAR p. 1957, Eff. 10/28/17.