18.16.102 ELIGIBILITY – ALLOCATION – MATCHING FUNDS
(1) Any local government in Montana is eligible to receive BARSAA program funds.
(2) BARSAA revenue collected in the previous calendar year must be allocated by the department and held in the BARSAA restricted account for the benefit of local governments.
(3) Allocations must be made by the department by March 1 of each year.
(4) The department shall notify a local government of its allocation amount annually, by March 1 of each year.
(5) A local government must match each $20 request for distribution with at least $1 of local government budgeted matching funds. A local government must identify the source of the budgeted matching funds, which may not be from the motor fuel tax allocation in 15-70-101, MCA.