18.16.105 DISTRIBUTION REQUEST PROCESS – DEADLINES
(1) All eligible local government requestors must complete the BARSAA program distribution request form found on the Department of Transportation's web site at www.mdt.mt.gov.
(2) The local government requestor may request a distribution of allocated funds by submitting a request to the department between March 1 and November 1 of the calendar year the funds were allocated. The distribution request must include all requirements stated in 15-70-130, MCA including:
(a) the amount of BARSAA funding sought, which may not exceed the amount allocated for that year, plus any eligible prior year reserved funds;
(b) a copy of an adopted resolution to request and accept the funding by the governing body of the local government. The resolution must identify the source of the matching funds required under 15-70-130, MCA;
(c) a description of the project(s) to be funded, which must be for:
(i) construction, reconstruction, maintenance or repair of rural roads, city or town streets or alleys, or bridges; or roads and streets the local government has responsibility to maintain; or
(ii) as a match for federal funds used for the construction of road and streets that are part of the national, primary, secondary or urban highway systems; or roads and streets the local government has responsibility to maintain.
(3) Each distribution request must be complete and accompanied by all required supplemental materials. The department has an obligation to screen projects for eligibility and may request additional information to ensure the distribution request meets the requirements of 15-70-130, MCA. Distribution requests must be verified via electronic signature, by the locally designated signature authority, per the adopted resolution.
(4) All BARSAA program funds must be utilized solely for the project(s) as described in a local government's distribution request.
(5) Within 90 days of completion of a project, the local government shall notify the department of its intent to obligate any remaining funds for additional projects within five years of original allocation, or to return any unused funds to the department. Additional projects are subject to the same request requirements found in these rules.
(6) BARSAA program funds not distributed or reserved by a local government, or which are returned as unused, will remain in the BARSAA local government restricted account to be allocated in the next calendar year.