24.222.701 GENERAL REGISTRATION AND AIDE/ASSISTANT SUPERVISION REQUIREMENTS
(1) Per 37-15-313, MCA, speech-language pathology aides/assistants must work directly under the supervision of a Montana-licensed speech-language pathologist. Audiology aides/assistants must work directly under the supervision of a Montana-licensed audiologist.
(2) The aide/assistant supervisor assumes full legal and ethical responsibility for the tasks performed by the aide/assistant and for any services or related interactions with a client.
(3) Aide/assistant supervisors are required to provide at least ten percent of the services to each individual client.
(4) In order to supervise, aide/assistant supervisors must have been licensed in Montana or another state or jurisdiction for at least one full year.
(5) No aide/assistant supervisor may supervise more than three full-time-equivalent aides/assistants.
(6) The aide/assistant supervisor must register aides/assistants annually per 37-15-313, MCA. The annual registration period is September 1 through October 31.
(7) As deemed appropriate by the aide/assistant supervisor, aides/assistants who are not supervised on-site may be supervised using asynchronous and synchronous methods as defined in ARM 24.222.301.
(8) Aide/assistant supervisors shall:
(a) ensure the aides/assistants are adequately trained and educated for the tasks they will perform. The amount and type of training required must be based on:
(i) skills and experience of the aide/assistant;
(ii) needs of the patients/clients served;
(iii) service setting;
(iv) tasks assigned; and
(v) any other factors as determined by the aide/assistant supervisor; and
(b) maintain appropriate records regarding aide/assistant activities, including, but not limited to services and related client interactions.
History: 37-1-131, 37-15-202, MCA; IMP, 37-1-131, 37-15-102, 37-15-313, MCA; NEW, 1981 MAR p. 363, Eff. 4/17/81; TRANS, from Dept. of Prof. & Occup. Lic., Ch. 274, L. 1981, Eff. 7/1/81; AMD, 1983 MAR p. 274, Eff. 4/1/83; AMD, 1989 MAR p. 2194, Eff. 12/22/89; AMD, 1999 MAR p. 408, Eff. 3/12/99; TRANS, from Commerce, 2004 MAR p. 2284; AMD, 2006 MAR p. 2413, Eff. 10/6/06; AMD, 2008 MAR p. 385, Eff. 2/29/08; AMD, 2013 MAR p. 1833, Eff. 10/18/13; AMD, 2018 MAR p. 2306, Eff. 11/17/18.