37.71.401 LOW INCOME WEATHERIZATION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM, DEFINITIONS
(1) "Act of God" means an event caused solely by forces of nature without human involvement.
(2) "Child" means a person who is under age 18.
(3) "Disability" means the same as when the term is used in Social Security law purposes and is determined by the Federal Social Security Administration (SSA) under Title II or Title XVI of the Social Security Act. Verification of disability will be demonstrated by persons showing a supplemental security income disability card, Social Security disability check, or award letter.
(4) "Elderly" means a person who is 60 years of age or older.
(5) "Energy burden" means the percentage of a household's income which is allocated to energy costs for the household's dwelling. The energy burden is calculated by dividing the household's actual or estimated annual heating costs by the household's annual income.
(6) "Energy usage" means the amount of energy used over a given period. The annual energy usage is determined by using actual or estimated heating cost over a twelve-month period.
(7) "Weatherization related imminent threat to the health or safety of a household" means any adverse condition in a dwelling that:
(a) relates to a structure, appliance, system, or equipment that directly and significantly impacts the dwelling's energy usage or energy conservation, including but not limited to the dwelling's primary water heating and/or space heating systems; and
(b) creates a serious and immediate risk to the physical health or safety of residents of the dwelling.
(8) "Weatherization services" means improvements, repairs, or other modifications made to a dwelling for the purpose of reducing a household's energy usage.
History: 53-2-201, MCA; IMP, 53-2-201, 90-4-201, 90-4-202, MCA; NEW, 1982 MAR p. 1309, Eff. 7/1/82; AMD, 1988 MAR p. 289, Eff. 2/12/88; AMD, 1993 MAR p. 1113, Eff. 5/28/93; AMD, 1998 MAR p. 1416, Eff. 5/29/98; TRANS, from SRS, 1998 MAR p. 2061; AMD, 2000 MAR p. 2707, Eff. 10/6/00; AMD, 2008 MAR p. 1592, Eff. 8/1/08; AMD, 2016 MAR p. 1574, Eff. 9/3/16; AMD, 2018 MAR p. 1885, Eff. 9/22/18.