4.10.709 USE OF PESTICIDES ON PEST INFESTATIONS IN ALFALFA SEED CROPS
(1) Pesticides registered for use in Montana under section 24(c) of FIFRA for use on alfalfa seed only are covered by this rule. The use of these pesticide products is not permitted on fields producing alfalfa for livestock feed and no portion of the treated field, including seed, seed screening, hay forage or stubble, may be used for human food or animal feed.
(2) The current year's treated alfalfa seed crop may not be used or distributed for animal feed purposes such as cut for hay, green chop, pellets, meal, or stubble, nor can grazing take place on the current year's treated alfalfa seed crops.
(3) Screenings or other crop byproducts cannot enter feed channels by distribution and/or direct use. All alfalfa seed screenings and/or crop byproducts that were treated with any of the section 24(c) of FIFRA pesticides for alfalfa seed production only must be immediately removed from the feed market, and disposed of in such a manner that they cannot be distributed or used for feed or food purposes. The alfalfa seed conditioner must keep records of all alfalfa seed screenings and their disposal (site, method, amount and type of material, date of shipment) and furnish these records to the department upon request. Treated alfalfa seed must not be used or distributed for human food (sprouting).
(4) All alfalfa seed treated with any of section 24(c) of FIFRA pesticides registered for use in alfalfa seed production only must be tagged at processing plants and such tag must state NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION AND/OR ANIMAL FEED. It is the grower's responsibility to notify the processing plants of any seed crops treated with any of the section 24(c) of FIFRA pesticides for use in alfalfa seed production only.
(5) All usage, in addition to the requirements of this rule, must comply with the section 24(c) of FIFRA labels for the pesticides registered for use in alfalfa seed production only.