24.219.504 LCSW, LMSW, AND LBSW SUPERVISED WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
(1) Applicants applying under ARM 24.219.501 for an LCSW license must meet the supervised work experience requirements in 37-22-301, MCA, and as defined in ARM 24.219.301. As a part of the total supervised work experience requirements, at least 100 hours must include individual or group supervision by a qualified supervisor under ARM 24.219.421.
(a) Of those 100 hours, at least 50 hours must be individual and supervised face-to-face by an LCSW.
(b) Of the 50 hours in (a), at least ten hours must include direct observation of service delivery as defined in ARM 24.219.301.
(a) Applicants must complete a minimum of 2000 total hours of supervised work experience over a period of no less than 18 months.
(b) Of those 2000 hours:
(i) at least 100 hours must include individual or group supervision by a qualified supervisor under ARM 24.219.421; and
(ii) of the 100 hours in (i), at least 25 hours must be with the client populations that will be served by the LMSW or LBSW candidate (see (5) for examples of client populations).
(3) Supervisors must provide at least two hours of supervision for LCSW, LMSW, and LBSW candidates for every 160 hours of social work as defined in 37-22-102, MCA.
(4) When an LCSW, LMSW, or LBSW candidate who applied under ARM 24.219.505 completes all the supervised work experience requirements in this rule, the candidate will qualify for the appropriate examination per ARM 24.219.502.
(5) A supervisor must have experience and expertise with the candidate's client population (e.g., child, adolescent, adult, chemically dependent/substance use disorder) and methods of practice (i.e., individual, group, family, crisis, or brief interventions).
(6) Supervised work experience hours earned by LMSW and LBSW applicants who are not currently actively licensed in another jurisdiction must have been earned within five years of the date of application.
History: 37-1-131, 37-22-201, MCA; IMP, 37-1-131, 37-22-301, 37-22-307, 37-22-308, 37-22-313, MCA; NEW, 1984 MAR p. 440, Eff. 3/16/84; AMD, 1988 MAR p. 169, Eff. 1/29/88; AMD, 1993 MAR p. 1325, Eff. 6/25/93; AMD, 1994 MAR p. 26, Eff. 12/24/93; TRANS, from Commerce, 2004 MAR p. 1477; AMD, 2009 MAR p. 2158, Eff. 11/13/09; AMD, 2016 MAR p. 221, Eff. 2/6/16; AMD, 2019 MAR p. 2371, Eff. 12/28/19; AMD, 2020 MAR p. 1517, Eff. 8/8/20.