42.4.3419 CARRYOVER PERIOD
(1) If a taxpayer has not claimed or transferred the media production tax credit or claimed the postproduction tax credit on or before the tax year beginning in the ending credit year indicated on the UCRN, the tax credit is no longer available to be used against income tax liabilities. Each year, a taxpayer must include on their income tax return:
(a) the amount of tax credit available for current and each preceding credit year;
(b) the amount of tax credit that was available for each tax year and transferred during the tax year; and
(c) the carryover amount per credit year.
(2) Tax credits are used on a "first-in, first-out" basis.
(3) Tax years of less than 12 months count as one tax year.
(4) The carryover amount of media production tax credit is any amount in excess of income tax liability after deduction of all other nonrefundable tax credits, including the media postproduction tax credit.
(5) Owners of a pass-through entity may claim the tax credit in the tax year they include their distributive share of income, loss, deduction, or tax credit reported on the Montana Schedule K-1.
History: 15-31-1012, MCA; IMP, 15-31-1012, MCA; NEW, 2020 MAR p. 1638, Eff. 8/29/20.