37.90.415 HOME AND COMMUNITY-BASED SERVICES FOR ADULTS WITH SEVERE AND DISABLING MENTAL ILLNESS: COMMUNITY TRANSITION SERVICES
(1) Community transition services are nonrecurring set-up expenses for members who are transitioning from an institutional setting into a community living setting or a private residence and are necessary to coordinate and purchase to establish a basic household.
(2) The department may approve community transition services on a case-by-case basis from other settings in circumstances that address a member's health or safety.
(3) The case management team must complete a needs assessment prior to implementation of the service.
(4) The needs assessment must demonstrate community transition services are required to:
(a) address a health or safety concern; and
(b) discharge from or avert institutionalization.
(5) Allowable expenses are those necessary to enable a person to establish a basic household and may include:
(a) customary security deposits that are required to obtain a lease on an apartment or home;
(b) essential household items;
(c) moving expenses incurred directly from the moving, transport, provision, or assembly of household furnishings for the residence;
(d) customary setup fees or deposits for utility or service access, including telephone landline or cell phone, electricity, heating, and water;
(e) services necessary for a member's health and safety; and
(f) fees associated with obtaining legal or identification documents necessary for housing applications.
(6) Community transition services do not include monthly rental or mortgage expenses, food, and diversion/recreational expenses.
(7) Refunded security deposits must be paid to the department.