42.11.424 BAILMENT ADJUSTMENTS
(1) A vendor's bailment inventory will be adjusted for withdrawals, purchases, deliveries, defective merchandise, destructions, and errors.
(2) Vendors may withdraw their products from the state liquor warehouse by sending a written request to the department.
(3) Upon request, the department shall notify a vendor weekly of the number of cases credited to the vendor's bailment inventory that were deficient or defective, (e.g., hidden breakage, packed short, or bottles with no fill or low fill). A vendor may ask the department to return or destroy defective cases at the vendor's cost.
(4) Upon request, the department shall notify a vendor weekly of the number of cases credited or debited to the vendor's bailment inventory in error and an explanation of the errors.
(5) The department may charge a vendor for reasonable costs associated with handling the vendor's products at the state liquor warehouse beyond the normal receipt, storage, and shipping of products. Handling includes, but is not limited to, affixing labels on cases, repackaging cases, restacking cases, destroying product, and assembling product for return. Charges will be offset against the department's payment for products.
History: 16-1-103, 16-1-303, MCA; IMP, 16-1-103, 16-1-302, MCA; NEW, 1990 MAR p. 1839, Eff. 9/28/90; AMD, 2001 MAR p. 348, Eff. 2/23/01; AMD, 2003 MAR p. 2899, Eff. 12/25/03; AMD, 2007 MAR p. 478, Eff. 4/13/07; AMD, 2015 MAR p. 2093, Eff. 11/26/15; AMD, 2020 MAR p. 1745, Eff. 9/26/20.