37.87.1410 THERAPEUTIC FOSTER CARE (TFC), PROVIDER REQUIREMENTS
(1) The TFC provider must be a mental health center as described in ARM Title 37, chapter 106, subchapter 19.
(2) The provider must also be a child-placing agency.
(3) A full-time clinical lead is responsible for not more than five full-time family support specialists (FSS).
(4) The clinical lead must:
(a) provide direction and consultation to the FSS to address the clinical needs of the youth and the caregiver as identified in the individualized treatment plan (ITP);
(b) respond to the youth and the caregiver's needs when the FSS is not available;
(c) orient, train, and coach the FSS; and
(d) provide one-on-one supervision at least monthly to the FSS.
(5) A full-time FSS is responsible for not more than ten youths at a time.
(6) The following requirements must be met by either the clinical lead, the FSS, or both:
(a) provide contacts at the frequency, location, and duration that are sufficient to meet the identified needs of the youth and the caregiver, the duration of the contacts are not limited;
(b) conduct a minimum of four scheduled contacts or sessions with the caregiver in each four-week period, two of which must be face-to-face within the home and community environment, excluding the provider's office or facility, based on the needs of the caregiver and documented in the ITP;
(c) conduct a minimum of two scheduled face-to-face treatment sessions within the home and community environment, excluding the provider's office or facility, with the youth in each four-week period, based on the needs of the youth and documented in the ITP; and
(d) services provided above the minimum face-to-face contact requirements in (b) and (c) may be provided in the provider's office or facility to further meet the identified needs of the youth and the caregiver documented in the ITP. The duration of the contacts are not limited.
(7) 24/7 face-to-face and telephonic crisis response is expected.
(8) The provider of TFC must use a research-based practice curriculum specific to provide family-based services. Staff training in the research-based practice must be documented in the provider personnel records.
History: 53-2-201, 53-6-113, MCA; IMP, 53-2-201, 53-6-101, MCA; NEW, 2013 MAR p. 166, Eff. 2/1/13; AMD, 2013 MAR p. 2153, Eff. 11/15/13; AMD, 2017 MAR p. 607, Eff. 5/13/17; AMD, 2020 MAR p. 2435, Eff. 1/1/21.