37.87.702 MENTAL HEALTH CENTER SERVICES FOR YOUTH WITH SERIOUS EMOTIONAL DISTURBANCE (SED), DEFINITIONS
For purposes of this subchapter, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Community-based psychiatric rehabilitation and support (CBPRS)" means rehabilitation services provided in home, school, and community settings for youth with serious emotional disturbance (SED) who are at risk of out of home or residential placement, or risk removal from current setting for youth under six years of age. CBPRS services are provided for a short period of time, generally 90 days or less, to improve or restore the youth's functioning in one or more of the impaired areas identified in the SED definition in ARM 37.87.102. Services are provided by trained mental health personnel under the supervision of a licensed mental health professional and according to rehabilitation goals.
(2) "Comprehensive school and community treatment" is defined in the manual adopted and incorporated by reference in ARM 37.87.903.
(3) "In-training mental health professional services" are services provided under the supervision of a licensed mental health professional by an individual who has completed all academic requirements for licensure as a psychologist, clinical social worker, licensed professional counselor, or licensed marriage and family therapist and is in the process of completing the supervised experience requirement for licensure, in accordance with ARM Title 24, chapters 189 and 219.
(4) "Licensed mental health center" is defined in ARM 37.87.102. For purposes of this subchapter the following provisions also apply:
(a) For a mental health center to be licensed, there are specific services that must be provided to its clients in accordance with ARM 37.106.1906.
(b) A mental health center may provide other appropriate services with an endorsement by the department in accordance with ARM 37.106.1906.
(5) "Mental health center services for youth with serious emotional disturbance" reimbursed by Medicaid means community-based psychiatric rehabilitation and support services, comprehensive school and community treatment programs, day treatment services, in-training mental health professional services, outpatient therapy services, mental health professional services, and targeted case management services.
(6) "Mental health professional" is defined in ARM 37.87.102.
(7) "Outpatient therapy service" is defined in the manual adopted and incorporated by reference in ARM 37.87.903.
(8) "Serious emotional disturbance (SED)" criteria are defined in the manual adopted and incorporated by reference in ARM 37.87.903.
(9) "Treatment day" means a calendar day, including night, daytime, or evening, during which a youth receives services according to applicable requirements.
(10) "Youth" is defined in ARM 37.87.102.
(11) "Youth day treatment" means a program which provides, in accordance with mental health center license requirements, an integrated set of mental health, education, and family intervention services to youth with serious emotional disturbance.
History: 53-2-201, 53-6-101, 53-6-113, MCA; IMP, 53-2-201, 53-6-101, 53-6-111, MCA; NEW, 2009 MAR p. 272, Eff. 2/27/09; AMD, 2011 MAR p. 49, Eff. 1/15/11; AMD, 2020 MAR p. 691, Eff. 11/1/20; AMD, 2021 MAR p. 331, Eff. 3/27/21.