24.126.910 IMPAIRMENT EVALUATOR CONTINUING EDUCATION
(1) Licensees holding impairment evaluator certificates shall, upon release of an updated American Medical Association Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment edition, obtain two hours of specialized CE relevant to the updated edition.
(a) These hours shall be in addition to the CE required for the underlying chiropractic license.
(2) Acceptable CE must directly relate to impairment evaluation and be affiliated with or approved by:
(a) national, regional, or state chiropractic associations;
(b) state licensing boards;
(d) colleges of chiropractic; or
(e) the Federation of Chiropractic Licensure Board (FCLB) Providers of Approved Continuing Education (PACE).
(3) Licensees shall affirm an understanding of the recurring duty to comply with CE requirements as part of license renewal.
(4) The department may randomly audit up to 50 percent of renewed impairment evaluator certificate holders every four years.
(5) An impairment evaluator may request exemption from CE requirements due to hardship. Requests will be considered by the board.
(6) Licensees found to be in noncompliance with CE requirements may be subject to administrative suspension.
(7) Impairment evaluators must comply with ARM 24.29.1415.
History: 37-1-131, 37-1-319, 37-12-201, MCA; IMP, 37-1-131, 37-1-306, 37-1-319, 37-12-201, MCA; NEW, 1990 MAR p. 1453, Eff. 7/27/90; AMD, 2000 MAR p. 1499, Eff. 5/26/00; TRANS, from Commerce, 2003 MAR p. 2761; AMD, 2006 MAR p. 1609, Eff. 6/23/06; AMD, 2008 MAR p. 1978, Eff. 9/12/08; AMD, 2009 MAR p. 2152, Eff. 11/13/09; AMD, 2018 MAR p. 645, Eff. 3/31/18; AMD, 2021 MAR p. 1554, Eff. 11/6/21.