4.5.402 TERMS AND DEFINITIONS
(1) "Board" means a district weed board created under 7-22-2103, MCA.
(2) "Buffer area" means a weed free area maintained around the perimeter of a site.
(3) "Gravel" means small stones or pebbles, or a mixture of these with sand, stone, and gravel as well as recycled concrete and asphalt materials.
(4) "Inspector" means a person who is authorized or employed by the department and is certified by the department to conduct activities under the Certified Weed Free Materials Act.
(5) "Material" means natural materials such as bark, compost, wood chippings, leaves/needles, vegetation, grass, or straw, and those synthetic materials that are included on the United State Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Marketing Service national list of allowed and prohibited substances.
(6) "Montana certified material" means products from sites that meet Montana's weed free certification standards and are approved by an agent.
(7) "Mulch" means any material or mix of materials that consists of a combination of vegetation and/or synthetic products that are manufactured as a whole and that are used for temperature, moisture, and/or erosion control, weed suppression, or aesthetic purposes, and are applied solely as a surface treatment.
(8) "Regulated area" means an area designated by an agency, group, or person that requires the use of noxious weed seed free material.
(9) "Site" means a single area where material is stored, harvested, or produced prior to being transported to where it will be utilized as a surface treatment.