24.171.520 OPERATIONS PLANS AND AMENDMENTS
(1) An operations plan is prepared by the outfitter and submitted to the board and consists of the following:
(a) an affidavit by the outfitter to the board that the amount and kind of equipment that is owned, leased, or contracted for by the applicant is sufficient and satisfactory for the services advertised or contemplated to be performed by the applicant;
(b) for fishing outfitters, a summarization of the boundaries of the outfitter's operation, provided in the following terms, except as otherwise provided in ARM 24.171.505:
(i) the name of each water body, including the section of each river or stream, that may be utilized by the applicant while providing services;
(ii) a description of private land, by name of ranch and county where located, over which access is allowed; and
(iii) an affidavit by the outfitter to the board that the outfitter is in possession of any public land permits or licenses properly executed for federal or state public property where the outfitter is authorized to operate;
(c) for hunting outfitters a summarization of the locations and boundaries of the outfitter's operation, which is where the outfitter is authorized to operate, provided in the following terms:
(i) the name of each public land agency, and owners of private lands that allow unrestricted public access and are managed under cooperative agreements with adjacent public lands;
(ii) a description of private land, by name of ranch and county where located, over which access is allowed;
(iii) an affidavit by the outfitter to the board that the outfitter is in possession of any public land permits or licenses properly executed for federal or state public property where the outfitter is authorized to operate; and
(iv) the number of NCHU per category.
(2) An outfitter may amend the operations plan on record by adding or subtracting any additional or replacement information and submitting the updated plan to the board, except that when adding a service identified in (5), the outfitter must apply for an amendment to the outfitter's operations plan by stating in writing the proposed changes and submitting it to the board, along with the fee required in ARM 24.171.401.
(3) As part of renewal, each outfitter shall attest that all lands information required as part of the outfitter's operations plan on file with the board is current and accurate.
(4) Whenever the outfitter gains permission to use additional private or public property, the outfitter shall update the operations plan the earlier of:
(a) the end of the license year during which the outfitter first became authorized to use it, and
(b) before actually using it.
(5) All amendments will be considered by the board using the same criteria as new applicants, including being required to take those parts of the outfitter examination that apply to the proposed amendment, if an outfitter is applying to add the following to the operations plan:
(c) watercraft used for fishing or hunting; or
(d) saddle or pack animal use.
History: 37-1-131, 37-47-201, MCA; IMP, 37-1-131, 37-47-201, 37-47-304, MCA; NEW, 1988 MAR p. 1666, Eff. 7/29/88; AMD, 2000 MAR p. 730, Eff. 3/17/00; TRANS, from Commerce, & AMD, 2006 MAR p. 324, Eff. 2/10/06; AMD, 2015 MAR p. 58, Eff. 1/30/15; AMD, 2016 MAR p. 1960, Eff. 10/29/16; AMD, 2017 MAR p. 1900, Eff. 10/14/17; AMD, 2020 MAR p. 1157, Eff. 6/27/20; AMD, 2021 MAR p. 1407, Eff. 10/23/21.