37.27.105 STATE APPROVED PROGRAMS, PREVENTION PROVIDERS, REQUIREMENTS
(1) In order to be reimbursed for prevention services, a prevention provider must be state approved and:
(a) have a contract with the department for substance abuse primary prevention services;
(b) be the Montana Public Health Institute; or
(c) be a county or tribal public health department.
(2) In order to become state approved, a prevention provider must complete and submit to the department the designated application.
(3) If the application and supporting documentation do not meet the application requirements, the department will notify the applicant in writing identifying the incomplete or missing information within 30 days of receipt of the application.
(a) The applicant has 30 days from the date of notification to respond in writing to the content of the notice.
(b) If a response is not received within 30 days, the department will deny approval and will notify the applicant in writing of the denial.
(4) If the application and supporting documentation meet the application requirements, the department shall issue provisional approval. Provisional approval is granted to provide time to comply with standards. Within 90 days of granting provisional approval, the department shall inspect the provider either on-site or remotely.
(5) The provider must submit the requested documentation to the department or provide access to the provider's premises for inspection.
(6) Within 20 days of the inspection, the department shall issue final approval or deny the application and shall send written notification of full approval or denial to the applicant.
(7) Upon receiving full approval, a provider may provide prevention and early intervention services as described by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
(8) The department will annually inspect the provider, on-site or remotely, to ensure the provider continues to meet requirements of this rule.
(9) Approved providers must follow the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) Criteria in the provision of early intervention services and adhere to requirements outlined in the BHDD Medicaid Services Provider Manual for SUD and Adult Mental Health located at: https://dphhs.mt.gov/amdd/AMDDMedicaidServicesProviderManual.