4.10.801 DEFINITION OF TERMS
These definitions are intended to supplement all existing rules adopted under the Montana Pesticides Act, Title 80, chapter 8, MCA.
(1) "Empty pesticide container" means any pesticide container from which the pesticide contents have been removed by pouring, shaking, pumping, aspirating or by other means and in which no pesticide contents remain that can be practically removed by these or similar methods.
(2) "Pesticide container" means any package or packaging in which a pesticide is in contact with the inner surface. The term does not include any shipping material used to hold more than one pesticide container or a bulk container used for transporting or delivering a pesticide.
(3) "Rinsate" means any mixture of rinse material and the residual contents of an empty pesticide container that is produced in the process of rinsing an empty pesticide container.
(4) "Rinse material" means any liquid or other material permitted by the labeling or otherwise approved by the U.S. environmental protection agency or the department to rinse empty pesticide containers.
(5) "Rinsed pesticide container" means an empty pesticide container that has been triple or power rinsed or rinsed by equivalent procedures as described in ARM 4.10.803.
(6) "Visible residue" means any rinsate with an amber, milky or other coloration associated with a specific pesticide.