10.53.1204 CONTENT STANDARDS FOR LIBRARY MEDIA AND INFORMATION LITERACY FOR SECOND GRADE
(1) Build new knowledge by inquiring, thinking critically, identifying problems, and developing strategies for solving problems. Generate questions about a topic and select a focal question to explore.
(2) Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to inclusiveness and respect for diversity in the learning community, including the distinct and unique cultural heritage of American Indians.
(a) Share knowledge and ideas with others through discussion and listening; and
(b) formulate questions related to content presented by others.
(3) Work effectively with others to broaden perspectives and work toward common goals. Listen respectfully and, when appropriate, offer information and opinions in group discussions.
(4) Make meaning by collecting, organizing, and sharing resources of personal relevance. Make connections between literature and personal experiences.
(5) Exercise freedom to read and demonstrate the ability to pursue personal interests:
(a) books at the appropriate reading level, to be read aloud, or challenging books for browsing and enjoyment; and
(b) begin to recognize that different genres require different reading, listening, or viewing strategies.
(6) Demonstrate safe, legal, and ethical creating and sharing of knowledge products.
(a) Acknowledge the work of others; and
(b) maintain safe behavior when using the internet.
History: Mont. Const. Art. X, sec. 9, 20-2-114, MCA; IMP, Mont. Const. Art. X, sec. 9, 20-2-121, 20-3-106, 20-7-101, MCA; NEW, 2020 MAR p. 2140, Eff. 7/1/21.