(1) Any individual, club, organization or business wishing to sponsor a fishing contest on a body of water open to public fishing must submit an application to the Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks as specified in this rule.
(2) Applications must be submitted between September 1 and November 1 for open water contests proposed for the following March 1 through December 1;
(a) applications for benefit fundraising contests received later than November 1 may be accepted.
(3) Applications must be submitted between May 1 and July 1 for ice fishing contests proposed for the following December 1 through March 1;
(a) applications for benefit fundraising contests received later than July 1 may be accepted.
(4) Contest sponsors must provide documentation that they have approval to use each fishing access site not under the ownership or control of the department that is listed in the application.
(5) Contest sponsors are responsible for notifying participants of any public safety concerns associated with the contest.
(6) Contest sponsors are responsible for notifying participants that boats and trailers must be cleaned before and after the contest to prevent transport and introduction of aquatic nuisance species.
History: 87-3-121, MCA; IMP, 87-3-121, MCA; NEW, 1987 MAR p. 1627, Eff. 9/25/87; AMD, 2002 MAR p. 1073, Eff. 4/12/02.