12.9.705 PAYMENT BY DEPARTMENT
(1) The department will cost share upland game bird habitat enhancement projects as set forth in a contract or work plan. Project expenses derived from applicable cost lists, such as an NRCS standard cost list, may be used to determine project costs and reimbursement payments. In-kind contributions, such as labor, equipment use, land taken out of production, or the management of public lands for improved upland game bird habitat and upland game bird hunting opportunity, may be recognized as an applicant's contribution of the cost-share.
(2) The department may compensate individuals, agencies, or organizations for upland game bird habitat protection or enhancement accomplished through a lease, up to the fair market value of the lease.
(3) The department may compensate individuals, agencies, or organizations for upland game bird habitat protection or enhancement accomplished through a conservation easement, up to the fair market value of the easement. The organization, agency, or individual will be compensated only if the organization or individual holds title to the specified property.
(4) The following are costs limitations under the upland game bird habitat enhancement program:
(a) department costs for any project may not exceed $100,000 without commission authorization, and no project will be funded for more than $200,000;
(b) department expenses on any project for purchase of buildings or equipment will not exceed $25,000 and all equipment purchased by the department will remain property of the department;
(c) the department will cover no more than 50% of the cost of wells, pipelines, and roads; and
(d) expenditures related to maintenance activities are separate from project costs and are not administered or capped under statute.
(5) All requests for payment must be accompanied by invoices, receipts, or proof of expenses and include verification by department personnel that the work for which payment has been requested has been satisfactorily completed.
History: 87-1-249, MCA; IMP, 87-1-248, MCA; NEW, 1989 MAR p. 2054, Eff. 12/8/89; AMD, 2001 MAR p. 1725, Eff. 9/7/01; AMD, 2012 MAR p. 1766, Eff. 9/7/12.